Spanning 5 months, the program revolves around the theme “Individual Responsibility to Civic and Governance Accountability.” It equips youth with crucial knowledge by enhancing their understanding of government planning, budgeting, and resource utilization processes. Through an accessible platform, transparency in government decision-making is promoted, fostering a deep comprehension among the youth. Additionally, accountable governance practices are actively advocated for via various media channels, encouraging active participation. This initiative aims to shape a future where accountability is paramount in our nation.
1. Digital Training: Cohort members participate in in-depth digital training sessions, exploring topics such as social audit and field research, equipping them with essential skills for community research.
2. Public Lectures: Engaging public lectures provide Fellows with a platform to share knowledge and insights, fostering a culture of learning and awareness within the community.
3. Research:Fellows conduct comprehensive research initiatives within their communities, gathering valuable data and insights to inform their advocacy and projects.
4. City Forums: Interactive city forums serve as a hub for Fellows to discuss pressing issues, exchange valuable insights, and collaboratively brainstorm innovative solutions, encouraging active civic engagement.
5. Commissioning: Fellows actively engage in real-world projects, applying their knowledge and skills to initiate positive change within their communities. Through these projects, they drive impactful initiatives, contributing to the betterment of society.
The way to change the world is through individual responsibility and taking local action in your own community.
At Ajibika, we believe in the power of informed and engaged youth. By championing accountability in public institutions, we pave the way for a brighter, more transparent future for Kenya. Join us on this transformative journey towards a responsible and empowered citizenry.